At Gamescom 2014 Activision and Bungie showcased their latest Destiny trailer. This time the focus was on the competitive multiplayer, which has battle arenas that stretch throughout the solar system. According to Gamestop’s Senior Vice President of Merchandising, Bob Puzon, Destiny is “GameStop’s most pre-ordered new IP in history” and judging by the new trailer you can see why.
Currently there are 6 competitive game modes that comprise of;
- Skirmish – Small team tactics. Kill the enemy. Revive teammates.
- Rumble – Kill everything. Watch your back.
- Salvage – Salvage relics. Kill the enemy. Revive teammates.
- Clash – All out team warfare. Destroy the enemy.
- Combined Arms – All out team warfare with vehicles. Destroy the enemy.
- Control – Capture zones to increase points for every kill.
- Iron Banner – Power matters. Earn epic rewards and gear.
Bungie are clearly pulling out all the stops in an attempt to beat the game that made the studio famous, Halo. The new multiplayer looks frantic yet incredibly fun to play. In addition the armour, weapons or gear that you acquire throughout the game can be taken with you in every mode of play and used against your adversaries.
Destiny hits shelves worldwide from September 9th and is available on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. Still no word on a PC version.