CD PROJEKT RED have announced a Collectors Edition for there open-world adventure, Witcher 3. The special Collector’s Edition comes with a bunch of awesome gear for Witcher fans.
The Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt also includes additional physical content. A unique cloth map of the in game world and Gwent, a highly addictive card game. Along with these you’ll also get;
- The standard edition of the game, containing: the official soundtrack, a beautiful and detailed map of the in-game world, unique stickers, and the developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm, 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exclusive, collector grade Witcher medallion
- A one of a kind SteelBook
- A two-hundred page art book, containing breathtaking art from the game
- A cloth map of the game world
- Two Gwent card decks
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
If you’re wondering what this ‘Gwent’ game is all about, then read on. Gwent is the Witcher’s in-game card battling game. Geralt will be able to play this with NPCs in-game and collect rewards. The premise sounds like your standard CCG (collectable card game). With four diverse factions, over 150 different card variations and powerful hero cards CD PROJEKT RED have, once again, pushed the boat out when it comes to subtle details and atmosphere.
Co-founder and Joint CEO of CD PROJEKT RED had this to say about Gwent;
Gwent is an amazing game and we’re really happy to be able to bring it to the physical realm with Microsoft’s help. Now we’ve got Gwent in every copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as an in-game experience for free on every platform, and a physical version in the Xbox One CE, how awesome is that?
Gwent will be playable in game for everyone but those wanting the physical version will have to grab the Collectors Edition. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will be available on the 24th February 2015 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.