Everyone knows these days that Disney are planning to rule the world. With their acquisition of Marvel and Star Wars properties, these two massive brands were already making big waves and now with the might of Disney behind them, they are set to do even bigger things.
Disney Infinity is set to include a plethora of Marvel characters in Disney 2.0 when it is released 19th September. Disney have a great line of future properties to support the title after its release.
This got us thinking if Disney will ever release a Star Wars playset?
Star Wars has gone from strength to strength in recent years thanks to The Clone Wars series, which has ushered in a new generation of Star Wars fans and many of those fans will instantly think of The Clone Wars rather than the films when someone merely utters the words ‘Star Wars.’
With this said, it would be quite interesting to see how Disney would tackle the tough job of incorporating the Star Wars universe into Disney Infinity. With the huge list of characters and numerous franchises to choose from, including the upcoming Rebels series, could Disney Infinity accommodate for numerous playsets and such a big list of characters in Disney Infinity 2.0?
Here at Twinstick Gaming we like to dream and if we would ever get to see a Disney Infinity: Star Wars edition that would satisfy fans all over the world, we would love to see a Disney Infinity 3.0.
Back in 2003, Genndy Tartakovsky was a big and influential name in the animated world on Cartoon Network. With his work on big hits such as Dexter’s Labratory and Powerpuff Girls, his success led him to work on a Star Wars Clone Wars mini-series. The series was released to high praise from critics but Star Wars fans were very hot and cold towards it.
The main reason for this was its unusual art style, but these days this version of The Clone Wars has a huge cult following.
When one takes another look at this art style and some of the Gentle Giant statues, which have been released in subsequent years since the series aired, these ‘animated inspired’ statues have a huge similarity to the sleek, stylized design of the characters found in the original Disney Infinity and Marvel’s Disney Infinity 2.0.
One could certainly imagine some of these statues being miniaturised for use in Disney Infinity and this got us thinking, which worlds and characters would we love to see in our Disney Infinity 3.0?
We have decided to make a list of playsets and characters that we would love to see, and some ideas as to where the playsets would be located:
Star Wars Original Trilogy Playset
The original trilogy of Star Wars has too many memorable locations to choose from in which your adventures could take place, but we have narrowed it down to these:
- Tatooine: The desert planet where the Star Wars adventure begins. This playset could have you in the middle of Mos Eisley, collecting Droid parts, fighting off Jawas, Sandtroopers and Bounty Hunters. This would be a great, colourful location for you to start your Star Wars journey.
- Cloud City: The home of one of the galaxy’s biggest ‘scoundrels.’ Cloud City from Empire Strikes Back would be an interesting location for you to fulfil quests from residents and droids, while you defend it from Imperial Stormtroopers. It’s unlikely this would be chosen as a Playset location as it isn’t perhaps as iconic as Mos Eisley on Tatooine but it’s unique design could certainly make for an interesting place to play.
- Endor: The beautiful, green forest moon of Endor from Return of the Jedi would also make for a great playset location. The lush green world could have you helping out Ewoks, who would be perfectly depicted in that wonderful Disney Infinity NPC style. Challenges could also have you racing on Speeders. Endor might not be the first location people think of when they think of Star Wars but it could certainly work in a Disney Infinity 3.0.
Characters included in the Playset would obviously determine on the Playset location but here are some of the figures we would love to see:
- Luke Skywalker (A New Hope or Return of the Jedi)
- Han Solo
- Princess Leia
- Darth Vader
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Playset
Locations in the Prequel Trilogy are limited to a few, but we have compiled some that we feel would be worth consideration.
- Tatooine: Yeah OK, we know that we have already mentioned Tatooine, but during the Prequel Trilogy this was a vital location, as this is where we are first introduced to Anakin as a boy and when we were also first introduced to Pod Racing. Pod Racing could play a vital part in our Disney Infinity adventures and all the wonders of Mos Eisley could follow with it apart from you can replace Storm Troopers with Droids!
- Naboo: Nobody was particularly fond of The Phantom Menace and the introduction of Naboo certainly didn’t help to win anybody over, but with that said, Naboo could surprisingly be a great place for Disney Infinity adventures to take place. From the underwater world of the Gungans, to the palace of Queen Amidala (Padme), Naboo could be a great and colourful location for you to fulfil quests from the Gungans and fight off hordes of Droids.
- Coruscant: The planet which is one giant city. Coruscant seems to be the obvious choice for a Prequel Trilogy playset. The sprawling metropolis is full of possibilities in terms of quest givers and enemies to fend off. From vehicle and ship racing, to fighting with invading droids and bounty hunters in the lower levels, Coruscant would be the pinnacle playset.
Characters included in the Prequel Trilogy playset would again depend on the playset location, but these are some of the characters we would love to see immortalised as Disney Infinity characters.
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Darth Maul
- General Grievous
- Padme Amidala
- Jango Fett
Star Wars Clone Wars Playset
While the Clone Wars takes place on so many different worlds, it is difficult to say how many of these could give a really good place for our adventures to take place outside of the ones already listed.
Here are just some of our suggestions however:
- Coruscant: For all of the above reasons, helping out Jedi Master’s with tasks and helping to defend The Replublic against the Droids of the Trade Federation, seems like an ideal place for The Clone Wars to take place.
- Kamino: The birth place of the Clone army, could prove a great place for you to help out the Kamino scientists with their tasks and fight droids who are trying to destroy the Clone creation centre. It seems like a strange choice but it could help to give the Star Wars playsets something a little different. Besides this was a fantastic map on Star Wars Battlefront.
Some of the characters we would love to see from Star Wars Clone Wars are:
- Master Yoda
- Ashoka Tano
- Captain Rex
- Cad Bane
- Count Dooku
- Asajj Ventress
Star Wars Rebels
In terms of locations for a Star Wars Rebels playset, this is tough seeing as we have no real idea as to where this new series may predominantly be set.
Figures however is a little easier so here is a string of characters we would expect to see:
- Kanan Jarrus
- Sabine Wren
- Herra Syndulla
- The Inquisitor
So what do you think? If we managed to see a Star Wars playset or even a Disney Infinity 3.0, which was dedicated to Star Wars, what would you like to see?
Is there a character you would like to see as a figurine or is there a character in our dream team that needs to be kicked from the list?
Is there a world you would like to see as a playset? Use your instincts… Use the force and let us know!